Workmanship on building sites. Internal and external wall and floor tiling. Ceramic and agglomerated stone tiles, natural stone and terrazzo tiles and slabs, and mosaics. Code of practice
The purpose of the code of practice is to encourage good workmanship on building sites, both commercial and domestic. It covers those tasks that are frequently carried out in relation to internal/external wall and floor tiling and slabs.
BS 8000-11 encourages good workmanship by providing:
- The most frequently required recommendations on workmanship for building work in a readily available and convenient form to those working on site
- A reference for quality of workmanship
- Recommendations on how designersâ€™ requirements for workmanship can be satisfied
- Guidance on good practice for supervision and training
- Assistance in the preparation and administration of contracts
- Recognition that design, procurement and project information are likely to be conducive to good workmanship.
Information Updated on: 6 March 2012