Optimising Living and Working TemperaturesPosted by:
CoolZone is an innovative ceiling solution that absorbs energy during the day
and releases it at night, keeping living and work areas at a steady temperature around the clock.
During the day, the building interior stays refreshingly cool with no need for AC. Overnight, as the temperature drops outside, the ceiling desorbs heat and is ready to work the next day.
How Does CoolZone Work?
- The energy efficient ceiling tile is an effective way to maintain an amicable temperature during the warm periods.
- Thermal mass acts as a buffer against temperature fluctuations.
- This is especially true for lightweight structures, which are more prone to overheating in the summer.
- During the day CoolZone cassettes, covering between 30% and 50% of the ceiling, absorb heat keeping the room cool and delaying the onset of air conditioning.
- Overnight, the CoolZone cassettes release the stored energy using the cool night ventilation to change back to their solid state.
The performance of CoolZone cassettes is optimised when used in combination with one of the HVAC strategies listed below:
- Natural and passively ventilated buildings
- Mechanically ventilated buildings with or without fan coil units
- Variable air volume and displacement ventilation systems
- Chilled beams and chilled ceilings
Information Updated on: 27 June 2012